A year ago I was posting tips about finding the perfect job. This August I am writing to tell you that I have been at the most amazing job for a year. Last August I was hired on as a part-time event coordinator and it has been a learning experience, a total blast, and I feel really lucky to be enjoying my life after college!
Some things I have learned this past year:
- Be respectful and polite to everyone. Being nice makes it harder for people to be mean to you.
- Bubblegum in your son’s pocket will ruin clothes when it hits the dryer.
- Invest in good fitting, well made, practical, and color-coordinated pieces of clothing.
- Don’t call people who have been dead for two years. Know your information before picking up the phone.
- There is always something to do.
- Have fun, work hard, and be verbally appreciative of others hard work.
- You can have too much caffeine.
- Your attitude is important. So is being genuine.
- Balance, balance, balance your work and home life. Both are necessary.
- Everyday is a new learning experience.
- Do not stick your arm in-between two bars and try and tag your child (when playing tag at the play ground) he will fall and you will end up with a huge bruise.
- Buy a garbage can with a self-closing lid after coming home a dozen times to your old garbage can knocked over and picked through by two adorable dogs.
- Be thankful for where you are, where you have come from, and the possibility of where you are going.
- Wear good looking (but cute) shoes!
- Laugh at and with yourself when you do something silly.
- Last, but certainly not least, Be open, communicative, and able to learn from daily experiences without feeling shame or regret at not being perfect.
Best Wishes as the year progresses—